Mapei Flexcolor CQ Grout 1 gal
Price per Unit (piece):
Mapei Flexcolor CQ is a professional-grade, ready-to-use specialty grout for precision commercial and residential installations with porcelain, ceramic and natural-stone tiles. Mapei Flexcolor CQ can be used to grout interior/exterior tile, and its dense composition helps to prevent water-based stains by providing water repellency to the grout surface. Mapei Flexcolor CQ is formulated with the latest innovation in quartz aggregate, which ensures color consistency, ease of cleanability and improved workability. In addition, this grout can be used on sensitive tile surfaces once tested, requires no sealer and cures naturally from evaporation of the low level of water in the formulation.
Comparison testing of Mapei Flexcolor CQ versus traditional Portland-cement grout has verified that Mapei Flexcolor CQ is 30% more cost-efficient (based on typical rates of installers) and requires 65% less time to install.
Features and benefits:
• Stain- and chemical-resistant grout formulation with no sealing required
• Easy cleanability, color consistency and improved workability
• Dries to a hard, uniform color surface in 24 hours and will not stain surfaces
• Crack-resistant and shrinkage-controlled formulation, with no efflorescence
• BioBlock® technology for mold and mildew resistance
• Is used straight from the pail, without the need to add water
• Specialized pail design with flip-top hinged lid
Where to use:
• For grout joints from 1/16" to 1/2" (1,5 to 12 mm)
• Use for grouting interior and exterior floor, walls, countertops and backsplashes.
• Use for glass tile/mosaics as well as porcelain, ceramic and natural-stone tile (such as granite, travertine, slate, marble and polished marble), quarry, and cement-based terrazzo.
• Use for grouting intermittent wet conditions such as bathtub surrounds, shower walls and shower floors.
• Steam cleaning and power washing of Mapei Flexcolor CQ is acceptable after 6 to 7 days. Do not use a power-washer setting with greater than 1,800 psi.
• Use for interior/exterior commercial and residential installations under Res 1, 2, 3 and 6 and Com 1, 2, 3 and 6 per TCNA Environmental Classifications. Mapei Flexcolor CQ is not for installations in submerged areas or areas hotter than 125ºF (52ºC).
• For heavy industrial installations where fatty acids are present, such as commercial kitchens, use Mapei's Kerapoxy ® IEG CQ.
• Protect from light foot traffic 24 hours
• Protect from normal foot traffic 48 hours
• Protect from commercial/heavy foot traffic 6 to 7 days
• Full cure 3 days
Shelf life and product characteristics:
• Shelf life: 18 months at 73°F (23°C) and 50% relative humidity if unopened and if opened but stored with a closed lid
• Colors: Available in Mapei's palette of 40 colors organized into 5 color collections. Refer to MAPEI's grout/caulk color palette.
• Odor: Slight latex odor, with no ammonia smell