Mapei Mapelastic AquaDefense 5 gal
Price per Unit (piece):
Mapei Mapelastic AquaDefense see technical data sheet
manufacturer part# 01968
packaging: 5 US gals. (18,9 L) plastic pail
Mapelastic AquaDefense is a premixed, advanced liquid-rubber, extremely quick-drying waterproofing and crack-isolation membrane for installation under ceramic tile or stone in residential, commercial and industrial environments. Mapelastic AquaDefense provides a thin, continuous barrier to protect adjacent rooms and floors below from water damage.
Features and benefits:
• Very quick drying: Install tile after 30 to 50 minutes of drying time
• Time-saving: Flood-test as shower-pan liner after 12 hours of drying time
• Apply with roller or brush – easy to install over flat, curved or irregular surfaces
• Bonds to a wide range of surfaces; convenient, user-friendly and versatile
• No odor; great for confined spaces
• Prevents in-plane floor cracks from transmitting through tile or stone.
Where to use:
• Residential and commercial interior/exterior floors, walls and ceilings
• Industrial interior floors and walls
• Tub and shower surrounds: bathrooms; kitchens; food prep, dishwashing, servery and cafeteria areas; countertops; and laundry rooms
• Residential and commercial submerged applications: freshwater pools, fountains and water features (completely covered by ceramic tile)
• Cantilevered balconies and decks over unoccupied space
• Balconies and decks over occupied space when used in conjunction with a primary waterproofing membrane
• Steam rooms when used in conjunction with a vapor barrier (refer to TCNA handbook’s sections SR613 and SR614 or TTMAC 321SR)
• In-plane crack isolation up to 1/8" (3 mm) over nonstructural cracks.
1. Mix by hand before using.
2. Do not dilute with any other material.
3. Promptly wash tools with water after mixing.