Mapei Mapesil T is a professional-grade, 100%-silicone sealant for use on multiple substrates. This product is specifically formulated for heavy traffic and expansion/movement joints exceeding both ASTM and ANSI standards.
Mapei Mapesil T caulk see technical data sheet
manufacturer part# 00691
color: #06 harvest
packaging 10.1 U.S. oz. (299 mL) cartridge
click for Mapei Mapesil T caulk color palette
Features and benefits:
• Color-matched to MAPEI’s color palette
• Formulated to a low sheen to match the gloss of grout joints
• Rated for heavy-traffic and expansion/movement joints
• 100% silicone for use in interior, exterior, wet and dry installations from Res 1 to 6 and Com 1 to 6 as detailed per TCNA Environmental Classifications
• Excellent elongation and flexibility for use in both change-of-plane and joint applications in tile or stonework
• Can be used in pools and spas
• Helps to prevent mold and mildew
Where to use:
• Interior/exterior residential and commercial installations from Res 1 to 6 and Com 1 to 6 per TCNA Environmental Classifications
• As a flexible barrier/filler between horizontal/vertical surfaces and any other changes of plane
• Expansion joints in non-traffic, normal-traffic and heavy-traffic areas
• Countertops, vanities, sinks, bathtubs, showers, steam rooms, pools, spas, backsplashes and fixtures
• Application temperature range is 40°F to 90°F (4°C to 32°C).
• Mapesil T may stain porous materials. Test a small area for staining or leaching before use to ensure compatibility with such porous materials as natural stone.
• Mapesil T should not be used in areas where material may come in contact with plasticizers or other materials that will prevent or diminish adhesion.
• Do not use Mapesil T for structural glazing.
• Not for use in expansion/movement joints with greater than 25% movement.
• For joints with depth greater than 1/2" (12 mm), the caulking depth must be controlled by a closed-cell backer rod.
• Joint widths should not exceed 1" (2,5 cm).
• Although Mapesil T is color-matched to MAPEI’s grout color palette, expect a slight variation in color due to the difference in composition between materials.
• Not paintable; painting should be done before installation of Mapesil T.
Read all installation instructions thoroughly before installation.
1. Caulking should take place after grout in the installation area has set.
2. For a clean, straight and neat sealant joint, mask both sides of the joint with masking tape.
3. Do not open the Mapesil T cartridge until preparatory work has been completed. Cut nozzle tip to the desired bead size at a 45-degree angle.
4. It will be necessary to insert a sharp tool (such as a screwdriver) inside the nozzle tip to puncture the protective aluminum foil seal inside the cartridge.
5. Apply Mapesil T with a caulking gun using steady, even pressure to completely bridge joints. Completely fill joints with sealant.
6. Tool the sealant using a “jointing tool” or the back of a spoon dipped in a solution of soapy water, to create a concave joint shape with a neat appearance.
7. Immediately after tooling the sealant, remove masking tape and wipe off any sealant from the face of the veneer with a paper towel before the material skins over. If the material skins over, excess sealant may need to be removed before curing with a commercial solvent.
8. Cured sealant will require mechanical means to remove.
• Protect the installation area from traffic or water for at least 24 hours at 73°F (23°C).
Note: Larger beads of caulk and cool, humid conditions will require a longer drying time.