Mapei Type 1 Tile Adhesive 1 gal
Price per Unit (piece):
Mapei Type 1 Tile Adhesive see technical data sheet
Mapei Type 1 (1 gallon) is a professional-grade, traditional, nonflammable, acrylic adhesive for setting glazed and unglazed ceramic and porcelain tiles on walls, floors and countertops. This adhesive is used for interior applications only.
manufacturer part# 1040011
packaging: 1 gal. (3,79 L) plastic pail
available also in 3,5 gal. packaging
Features and benefits:
• Excellent grab: up to 12" x 12" (30 x 30 cm) tile
• Helps contribute to LEED points
• Low in odor and VOCs
• Smooth and easy to spread
• Extended open time
Where to use:
• For use with most types of glazed and unglazed ceramics and porcelain tile, and ceramic and porcelain mosaics for walls and floors
• Use to install tiles up to 6" x 6" (15 x 15 cm) on floors, and up to 12" x 12" (30 x 30 cm) on walls.
• For tub and bath surrounds where service requirements do not exceed ANSI A136.1 Type 1
• For the installation of tile on walls in intermittent wet conditions such as tub and shower surrounds
• Do not install over substrates containing asbestos.
• Do not use for exterior applications, steam rooms, shower floors or areas subject to water immersion.
• Do not apply over waterproofing, crack isolation or uncoupling membranes; or over particleboard, Masonite, oriented strand board (OSB), Lauan, gypsum floor-patching compounds, metal or similar dimensionally unstable substrates.
• Use only at temperatures between 40°F and 95°F (4°C and 35°C).
• Do not use for setting bathroom fixtures or grab bars.
• Do not use to set natural stone.