Mapei Keraply Latex Additive for Tile Mortar 2 gal
Price per Unit (piece):
Mapei Keraply Latex Additive for Tile Mortar see technical data sheet
manufacturer part#: 7033010
packaging: 2 US gals. (7,57 L) plastic jug
Mapei Keraply is a professional-grade, acrylic latex admixture used to enhance the performance of dry-set mortars as well as Adesilex™ P10 glass tile mortar. This highly recommended admixture enhances bond strength, flexural strength, elongation and freeze/thaw durability.
Features and benefits:
• Improves bond strength of mortar
• Good for most difficult tiles and interior/exterior surfaces
Where to use:
• Interior/exterior residential and commercial installations
• Installation of ceramic and porcelain tile, quarry tile, pavers, Saltillo tile, and most types of marble, granite and natural stone
• Install only at temperatures between 40°F and 95°F (4°C and 35°C).
• Do not use for moisture-sensitive stone (green marble, some limestones and granites), agglomerate tiles, cultured marble or resin-backed tiles. Instead, use suitable epoxy or urethane adhesives (see respective Technical Data Sheet for more information).
• Use a white mortar when installing light-colored stones and translucent marble.
• Do not use over dimensionally unstable substrates such as hardwood flooring, oriented strand board (OSB), substrates containing asbestos, or metal.
• To use directly over gypsum-based patching or leveling substrates, apply suitable sealer before use. See MAPEI’s Technical Bulletin 010506-TB, “Installing MAPEI Products over Gypsum.”
• Concrete (cured at least 28 days)
• Masonry cement block, brick, cement mortar beds and leveling coats
• Cement backer units (CBU) – see manufacturer’s installation guidelines
• APA and CANPLY Group 1 exterior-grade plywood (interior, residential and light commercial in dry conditions only)
• See the Technical Data Sheet of the mortar being used for a complete listing of suitable substrates.